'Tis wedding show season! Here are a few tips:
1) Wear comfortable shoes and dress in layers so you can shed some clothes if it gets hot
2) Bring an empty backpack for fliers and swag: not too big, you have to manoeuvre through crowds
3) Bring pre-printed address labels so you can save time (and hand cramps) filling out ballots and request-for-info forms
4) Bring a bottle of water and a small snack
5) Ditch the dead weight. Don't drag a huge unwilling entourage to the show, you'll lose them in the crowd and they'll bring you down. Bring enthusiastic, energetic, motivated people with you... then you'll have fun!
6) Go in with a mission. Know which vendors you're looking for. If you've already booked a florist, get a site map of the show and skip all the florists. If you're looking for a band, bring a list of questions you want to ask a band.
7) Bring a notebook and pen so you can write down the vendors that impressed you. Be prepared with questions you want to ask them and record their answers.
All the best!
Nishi @ Night Day Productions