If you’re in business, it goes without saying that you need a good-looking headshot. It’s a seemingly small thing but you’ll find uses for one pop up everywhere:
- as a profile photo on social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- as an author/contributor photo on newsletters, blogs, online and printed publications
- on your business card, advertising and marketing materials
A great-looking headshot is an opportunity to put your best foot forward, to make a positive impact on your potential client.
So don’t muck it up ;)
Here are 3 signs you need a less crappy headshot:
1) If you like Pina Coladas… If your headshot is a cropped vacation photo, you’re in need of a better headshot. Seriously, we can all tell that you cropped out the margarita in your left hand and the salsa dancer in your right. Is this really the image (not to mention the composition, the lighting, the glaze in your eye) you want to portray for business?
2) Karma Chamelon… If you get a lot of people exclaiming “That’s you?!?” it may be time to get a new headshot. If your headshot is too old, or your fashion sense, facial hair, or hairdo has changed since your last photoshoot, it’s time for an update!
3) If Looks Could Kill… The whole point of a headshot is to make you seem approachable and familiar. You want to come off as professional and trustworthy, not aloof or pretentious. It’s got to make people want to invest time and money in you, not shirk away in fear or hit you up for a one night stand.
Looking to hire a professional to shoot your headshot? Night Day Productions has a great special going on:
Night Day Productions – HEADSHOT MARATHON
Monday, September 26, 2011
10am to 3pm (you must book a 20-minute time slot in advance – no walk-ins, please)
Danforth and Greenwood neighborhood
Regular Price: $250 Marathon Price: $125!
For a time slot, please contact Nishi Dias: